Let the rebirth begin.

Let the rebirth begin.
Americans Unite

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Village Board Meeting 4/12

The board approved (with the exception of Joyce Laux) the TIF funding of the High Cliff Golf Course to the tune of $349,000 for an automated watering system. The original bid was $318,000 last fall. I'm more than disappointed that no board member attempted to negotiate the increase of $30,000 nor suggested that perhaps the project should be rebid, at least there was no discussion at this meeting for the public to hear. I officially take my position at the next meeting on the 26th. I would have joined Joyce in a no vote had I been on active duty. We gain what? Three 1 acre non-contiguous parcels of property. There is little protection for our village. The legalities request this property remain a golf course. But if it goes into foreclosure is the bank or the next buyer obligated to that promise? Supposedly, but then why is the bank concerned about formal easements for walking trails? Living on the 13th or 14th fairway, you may lose the privacy of your backyard view that you've enjoyed up to now. But living on the golf course I guess you'll appreciate the more lush, deep green grass rather than the pockets of unkempt 'rough '. I realize that sarcasm isn't helpful, even disrespectful, but this blog is about sharing opinions openly. I hope you'll speak up too. It 's the only way I know how YOU want me to vote on the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment