Let the rebirth begin.

Let the rebirth begin.
Americans Unite

Thursday, April 22, 2010

VIDEO -Keeping Warm on Cold Nights

You can see that our hen has so many down feathers pulled from her breast to create the brood patch that ensures direct warmth to the eggs, but also pulled from her back and under her wings. I doubt she has a single one left. The down is mixed with the 4" of pine shavings we placed in the box for her to start with. I'm sure it helps alot on a cold night like last night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Terri,

    We would like to suggest duckling name #2. My Dual Language Spanish/English speakers would like to recommend "Abril", which is Spanish for April!
    Thanks,
    Mrs. P's class

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are creative students! Gracios. I bet I enjoy your names even more than you enjoy the live cam. Keep up the good work. Your efforts are apperciated. Terri

    ReplyDelete